jueves, 18 de noviembre de 2021

POST 7: Changes to my Study Program

 Hi everyone, today I`m going to talk about some changes that could be made to my career`s study program. 

First of all, I would like the film career to be separated from journalism. Although I think that cinema is also part of communication, there are many subjects that are much more focused on journalism and do not contribute as much to the learning of my career. I think there are many subjects left over. Instead of these, I would implement more specialization electives, which are very necessary in my career, because generally they teach you a bit of everything but sometimes you need to learn more specific knowledge according to the area that interests you. 

A model that seems more intelligent to me to study film is the Argentine, who instead of having a general film career that lasts five years, they have specific careers by area that last three years. I think that in Chile almost all careers are longer than they should and many times they are filled with unnecessary subjects. 

Regarding the faculty facilities, I think there are good conditions, but unfortunately, due to the pandemic, we haven`t been able to take much advantage of them. The same has happened with the use of equipment, because due to online classes, for a year and a half we couldn`t access the cameras and sound equipment that the university used to offer. That is something that I would definitely have changed, despite the pandemic. I think that having online classes doesn`t mean that the university can deprive us the access to the necessary materials.

Finally, regarding the teaching methods I don`t have so many criticisms. It seems good to me that there is constant practice. What I find most interesting about the teaching method is that the classes are based on conversation and interaction between students, which makes us generate knowledge from ourselves and not only from teachers.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario