jueves, 21 de octubre de 2021

POST 4: My favorite TV show

 When I was a child, I used to watch a lot of TV shows after school. Now, I turn on the TV only to watch the news. Nevertheless, there are two TV shows that I watch occasionally and make me laugh a lot. Probably, those are not my lifelong favorites, but they are the ones that I really watch and enjoy at this moment. The two have in common that they are animations, and, generally, both programs are a criticism of American society, through humor, irony and the absurd. 

The first one is "The Simpsons". As all of you know, "The Simpsons" is an American humor show, creating by Matt Groeging for Fox, and  issued in a lot of countries around the world. The serie is a satire of American society that narrates daily life of a middle-class family from that country (whose members are Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie Simpson) who live in a fictional town called Springfield. the first chapter aired in 1989 and, since this year until now, it is a classic. I like "The Simpsons" because it is a program that you can enjoy at any age and it will always make you laugh. The script is simple, but it will always surprise us with new situations and hides a lot of intelligence in itself. Also, the characters are so well constructed that today everyone knows them, loves them and identifies with them, in one way or another.

The second one is "South Park". Despite having the appearance of being a children's program, it isn´t. "South Park" is acid and explicit, to the point where it becomes awkward and absurd, which makes this show a genius. When I was a child, I hated the show for the same reason, but growing up I gave it a second chance and understood everything. The proposal of the program is very funny, because the characters seem to be drawn with Paint and, at the same, go through very complex situations. The script moves very fast, it leads from one thing to the other, which keeps me always interested to what is going to happen and makes me laugh a lot. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario